Patient Attendance Procedure
The patient attendance procedure is outlined below:
- Patients will be asked to attend alone wherever possible or with one other person if absolutely necessary
- Patients can only enter the building at their appointment time by ringing the doorbell
- Patients will be met by a team member wearing appropriate PPE
- Patients must use hand sanitiser when entering the building from the sanitising station inside the front door
- If necessary, we will remind our patients to comply with the social distancing markers at reception
- Patients will be escorted into the surgery
- Any patient belongings will be placed in a designated area which will be disinfected after use
- Once entering the surgery, the patient will be asked to retain their face mask until the end of the appointment
- At the end of treatment, the patient will leave the room immediately, perform hand sanitisation using alcohol gel available at surgery exit point
- The patient will collect his/her belongings from the designated area and will be escorted to reception to pay any fees by contactless payment ideally.
- The patient will be escorted to the practice exit where they dispose of their mask in a foot operated bin.